Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers! My Mom is the best...this was my Mother's Day gift from my Mom.....Thank you Mom!!
There are certain holidays that are hard when you are a single Mom and Mother's day for some reason has always been one of them. I realize that is pretty selfish of me but when you have been a Mom for as long as I have and year after year you don't get a Mother's day gift from a Hubby and your kids are MY boys who just don't get it yet....well you get the point right? Anyways, this year was different and it was so much better. My Mom surprised me with this gorgeous Begonia bush a few days early and it made my whole week! Sunday morning my boys and I stayed in my bed all morning and watched movies and ate junk food. (I guess you could call that breakfast in bed?) This year Gage totally understood the meaning of Mother's day! He was doing everything he could for me. It was so sweet. We skipped church but I really don't feel guilty because that morning with my boys was one of those rare moments. So this year I got an awesome gift and my boys spoiled me! I also received the sweetest picture mail ever from one of the greatest Moms I know! I love you all and I hope your day was as special as mine!

2 comments:

Darcie said...

I am glad you had a great mother's day. I think it can be rough when you don't feel appreciated, I have had those mother's days before, and you just want to cry. It's just the little things that matter to mom's.

Valerie said...

What a lovely gift!