Friday, May 6, 2011

Kyler's first ride!

My good friend Clint and his kids go every Thursday to ride bulls (little ones). Clint has been talking to Kyler about riding and he decided that he wanted to do it so last night we went out with them. I thought that he would probably change his mind after watching for a while...but not this kid! Heck no! As soon as he started to watch he got more and more excited even though he saw a few kids get a little hurt. Kyler's courage amazes me! So Clint's son Corbin helped Ky pick a bull, gave him some coaching, and let Ky borrow his gear. The brown bull in the middle was Kyler's bull and his name is Turnbuckle.
And here is the only picture of Ky's very first ride. He stayed on for 3 seconds which is great since he didn't start out with the "kiddie bull".



Unfortunately when he fell off he was stepped on and here is one of the marks that Turnbuckle left on him. Thank goodness for the protective vest they wear! I'm so sad that he had to get hurt on his first ride. But it hasn't scared him off, we will be going out every Thursday now because Kyler is addicted! This morning he even informed me that he needs a cowboy hat...and I think he needs his own boots since Corbin's looked a little big on him lol!






I meant to get a picture of him in all the gear but when he went under the bull, the men in the corral with him, pulled off the gear quickly to asses his injuries. Next week I will get it before he rides for sure!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Way to go Kyler!! Three seconds seems pretty impressive to me!