Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our Christmas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We had an amazing Christmas. The week before was really rough but as soon as we got Christmas started we smiled, laughed, spent time with family, felt the spirit and remembered why we celebrate Christmas. When was the last time you watched a Charlie Brown Christmas? Last week my boys climbed into my bed and we all watched a Charlie Brown Christmas. Through the whole show Charlie Brown is wondering what the meaning of Christmas is and the show ends with Linus telling the story of baby Jesus and the Christmas story that started the biggest holiday of all time. What a wonderful show!! Unfortunately after it was over we stuck in a Sponge Bob Christmas DVD and there was NO message at all with that show. Big surprise right? What has happened to child entertainment these days?
Anyways, we spent Christmas Eve with Drew's parents. We rode the trax to Temple Square and ate at Crown Burgers (YUMMY). I haven't been to Temple Square at Christmas time for as long as I can remember! It was so beautiful and we had SO much fun. Thank you Garry and Marie! The next day Christmas was your typical open the presents and stay in your pajamas all day kind of day. And you know me and my boys...any reason to stay in your pajamas will work for us! The day after my parents took all of us to see the new A Christmas Carol and I LOVED it. It was fabulous! What a perfect week! We were missing a few family members but we were so surrounded by family and friends that it was a complete success. Thank you all of you for your love, support, and friendship. I love you all! I didn't take very many pictures this year. I sat back and just enjoyed watching. I realized when doing this that you see a lot more when your not fussing with a camera! So here are our favorites...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice Christmas! good for you :) that's great about the camera thing. You have NO IDEA how many times i have said and thought that same thing..."If i just wouldn't worry about getting pictures taken i could actually enjoy this!" kinda funny. That's a really sweet little willow tree your mom got you. I hope it didn't make you cry. :( Happy New Year to you guys!!

Dennis and Patty said...

We missed you all on Christmas Eve but I'm glad you had a good time. next year it will be our turn. O.K?